NEW! NIHB Training Video: AI/ANs in the Marketplace-ACA 101
NIHB has just put up a new training video for your viewing. This is a training provided to an Assister organization on the different provisions for AI/ANs in the marketplace!
October 28, 2016
NIHB To Host Webinar November 3rd– Reaching Our Native Young Invincibles: Open Enrollment 2017– Join Us!
October 25, 2016
Review Your Health Coverage, Indian Country!
It is critical that you take the time to review and understand your current health care coverage and what it means for the coming year.
The Open Enrollment period for the healthcare marketplace starts next Tuesday, the 1st of November and continues until January 31st 2017. Members of a federally recognized Tribe and Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act Shareholders can enroll in Marketplace coverage any time of the year. For American Indians and Alaska Natives who sign up through the Marketplace, there is no limited enrollment period and AI/ANs are able to change plans as often as once a month. However, we still strongly encourage individuals to consider the open enrollment period as the ideal time for evaluating current coverage, comparing the health coverage options available, and making adjustments as needed.
Additionally, note December 15th, 2016 as an important date in the open enrollment timeline. If you are making changes to your current coverage, switching plans, or enrolling in coverage you must make these changes before December 15th to have them become effective by January 1ST!
Important Dates on the Marketplace:
- November 1, 2016: Open Enrollment starts – first day you can enroll, re-enroll, or change a 2017 insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Coverage can start as soon as January 1, 2017.
- December 15, 2016: Last day to enroll in or change plans for coverage to start January 1, 2017.
- January 1, 2017: 2017 coverage starts for those who enroll or change plans by December 15.
- January 31, 2017: Last day to enroll in or change a 2017 health plan. After this date, you can enroll or change plans monthly.
For more information, visit: www.Healthcare.gov
October 13, 2016
Attention Indian Country: Open enrollment for the Medicare program starts October 15th and closes December 7th!
Medicare health and drug plans can make changes each year; costs, coverage, and what providers and pharmacies are in network. October 15th to December 7th is the time when you can change your Medicare health plans and prescription drug coverage for the following year!
You may qualify for Medicare if:
- You are 65 or Older
- Under 65 but disabled as determined by the Social Security Administration
- Any age with End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD); permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a kidney transplant.
For more information about the Medicare programs and coverage, visit your local Indian Health Care Provider. Or, visit the Social Security office at www.socialsecurity.gov, call at 1-800-7772-1213.
Furthermore, in partnership with the Indian Health Service, the National Indian Health Board is releasing new content; The Enrollment Assistor Toolkit. This toolkit will help Enrollment Assistors with their work across Indian Country of educating and enrolling Tribal members into health coverage through the Marketplace, Medicaid, Medicare, and the Children’s Health Insurance Program.
September 30, 2016