CMS Reveals New Medicare Card Design & New Card!
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) gave the public its first look at the newly designed Medicare card. A webinar regarding the new Medicaid Card will be held on Monday, September 18, 2017- the registration link has been provided below. For more information, please see the announcement at the bottom of this email, or visit: www.cms.gov/newcard.
New Medicare Card Webinar Details
Date: Monday, September 18, 2017
Time: 2:00 – 3:30 pm ET
This webinar will provide information about the new Medicare cards including:
- New card design
- Mailing of new card
- Card research
- Outreach plans
- Fraud awareness
August 25, 2017
Tribal Health Providers, Are You Ready For The New Medicare Cards?
The Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) of 2015 requires CMS to remove social security numbers (SSN) from all Medicare cards by April 2019. Starting in April 2018, CMS will issue new cards with Medicare Beneficiary Identifiers (MBI). MBIs are randomly generated numbers that do not include SSNs. Beginning in January 2018, CMS will also conduct intensive education and outreach to Medicare beneficiaries about the upcoming changes to Medicare beneficiary cards.
Below are five things Tribal and Urban Health providers need to do to get ready for the new Medicare card:
- Go to our provider website and sign-up for the weekly MLN Connects® newsletter.
- Attend our quarterly calls to get more information. We’ll let you know when calls are scheduled in the MLN Connects newsletter.
- Verify all of your Medicare patients’ addresses. If the addresses you have on file are different than the Medicare address you get on electronic eligibility transactions, ask your patients to contact Social Security and update their Medicare records.
- Work with us to help your Medicare patients adjust to their new Medicare card. When available later this fall, you can display helpful information about the new Medicare cards. Hang posters about the change in your offices to help us spread the word.
- Test your system changes and work with your billing office staff to be sure your office is ready to use the new MBI format.
New Medicare Card
August 31, 2017
Having Issues With Your MLMS Training Modules for Navigators, Certified Application Counselors?—Learn More Here!
Some of you may be familiar with the Marketplace Learning Management System (MLMS) used to educate Navigators and Certified Application Counselors (CACs) on health insurance reform, health care exchanges, and interacting with consumers. The MLMS system is a vital resource for Enrollment Assisters to understand and assist consumers with finding insurance coverage for AI/ANs through the marketplace and other CMS programs.
If you are experiencing trouble accessing the MLMS and or printing your certificate and other resources then see these guides below:
August 11, 2017
New THR Op-Ed Article- Staying Vigilant: The Affordable Care Act Implementation and Health Care in Indian Country
Click below to access the THR’s recently released op-ed article on the recently changes in health care reform for Tribal communities.
August 11, 2017
THR Newsletters for May, June, July Just Added!
Click HERE to go to the NIHB THR’s newsletters for the months of May, June, July announcing Tribal Health Reform tips, events, and content for American Indians and Alaska Natives.