Please join us for the 2022 CMS American Indian Alaska Native Heritage Month celebratory Lecture Series as follows and attached above. Please see the “Heritage Month-Final” attachment that includes Zoom links to each lecture:
2022 CMS AIAN Heritage Month Lecture Series:
• “Native American Art and Storytelling,” on Tuesday, November 1, 2022, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (ET), a presentation by Native American glass artist and Storyteller, Preston Singletary.
• “Cultural Adaptations of Four Evidenced-Based Child Treatment Protocols” Tuesday, November 8, 2022, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (ET) presented by Dr. Subia BigFoot, University of Oklahoma.
• “Steps in Understanding How AI/AN Can Achieve Health Equity” in partnership with Federal HHS Agencies: Tuesday, November 15, 2022, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (ET) presented by Carrie Fields, Policy Analyst, National Indian Health Board.
• “Health Equity with Tribal Self Governance: In partnership with the Indian Health Service”: Tuesday, November 22, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (ET) presented by Roselyn Tso, Director of the Indian Health Service (invited).
• “Indigenous Foods: Benefits in Health Outcomes for AI/AN People”: Tuesday, November 29, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (ET) presented by Chef Sean Sherman, Oglala Sioux.