Ask a Native Physician: Town Hall with the NIHB and the Association of American Indian Physicians, April 8, 2020
NIHB and AAIP held this telephone Town Hall on 4/8/2020. A group of Native physicians answered Tribal Community member questions about health care during the COVID-19 pandemic. Click below for the recording.
The panelists included:
- William F. Smith Jr., NIHB Vice Chairman and Alaska Area Representative, Chief, Valdez Native Tribe
- Walter Hollow, MD (Fort Peck Assiniboine/Sioux Tribe) President, Association of American Indian Physicians, Faculty, Puyallup Tribal Health Authority Family Medicine Residency Program, Clinical Association Professor, Dept. Family Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Ron Shaw, MD (Osage Nation) Chief Executive Officer/Chief Medical Officer, Osage Nation, Past president, Association of American Indian Physicians, Member ex-officio, National Indian Health Board
- Mary Owen, MD (Tlingit) Director, Center of American Indian and Minority Health (CAIMH) at University of Minnesota Medical School, Duluth Campus, Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine and Behavioral Health
- Brian Thompson, MD, FACOG (Oneida/Mohawk) Assistant Dean for Diversity in the College of Medicine and Clinical Assistant Professor, Upstate Medical University, Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology