Thursday, February 03, 2022
4:15 PM – 6:00 PM Eastern Time
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) is hosting a virtual Tribal consultation session to receive input and recommendations on a draft document entitled, “American Indian and Alaska Native (AI/AN) Worker Safety and Health Strategic Plan, 2022-2031.” NIOSH is proposing research and outreach activities to enhance worker safety and health in tribal communities and requests input on the draft AI/AN strategic plan. The CIO is requesting feedback from Tribes on:
- AI/AN workforce including critical occupational safety and health concerns
- Recommendations for NIOSH partnership with Tribal nations
- Interorganizational collaboration with NIOSH
- NIOSH communication improvement with Tribal organizations
- Necessary resources to address concerns
Input from consultation will be used in the development of the AI/AN strategic plan. A copy of the Dear Tribal Leader Letter is available here. The current CDC Tribal Consultation Policy can be found here.
Written remarks can be sent via email to [email protected] or by mail to Sherri Diana, NIOSH Docket Office, 1090 Tusculum Avenue, MS C-34, Cincinnati, Ohio, 45226.
Please send testimonies no later than 5:00 PM ET on February 24, 2022. Additional support can be found here.