Date: Thursday, August 6th, 2020
Time: 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. ET
Join the webinar| Password: IAPPG
The Individual Assistance Program and Policy Guide (IAPPG) Version 1.1 has been updated and is being released for public comment. IAPPG is a comprehensive policy guide for all FEMA Individual Assistance programs.
FEMA released the current draft version for a 45-day public comment period. The draft guide and accompanying comments matrix are available on the FEMA website at: Individual Assistance Program and Policy Guide. FEMA will accept public comments submitted between July 8 and August 24, 2020. FEMA requests that all comments be submitted using the comments matrix provided. Any comments received before the close of the public comment period will be reviewed and considered for the final version of the guide to be released by the end of 2020.
If you have questions or suggestions about the Version 1.1 of the IAPPG, please email [email protected].
FEMA is offering a webinar for tribal governments to provide an overview of the draft IAPPG and an opportunity to capture comments and answer questions.
The webinar will review major updates to the IAPPG, to include:
- Clarification of assistance for applicants residing in non-traditional housing;
- Delegation of Authority for Rental Assistance Rate Increases;
- Authorization and eligibility criteria for Critical Needs Assistance; and
- Incorporation of changes made by the Disaster Recovery Reform Act of 2018:
- Separate financial assistance maximum award amounts for Housing Assistance and Other Needs Assistance;
- Specific disaster-damaged accessibility items covered under Home Repair or Personal Property Assistance are not limited to a financial maximum award;
- Increase of the Group Flood Insurance Policy premium; and
- Waiver authority for debts.
If you have any questions, please contact FEMA Office of External Affairs, Congressional and Intergovernmental Affairs Division:
Tribal Affairs (202) 646-3444 or at [email protected]