Date: Monday, April 6, 2020
Time: 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM (Eastern)
Conference Call: 866-506-4211
Participant Passcode: 64211
On Monday, April 6, 2020, NIHB will host a CMS All Tribes Call from 3:00 – 4:30pm ET. Please join CMS leadership and Subject Matter Experts for an informative discussion on:
- 1135 waiver authorities: Kimberly Brandt, Principal Deputy Administrator for Policy and Operations
- 1135 Medicaid waivers and disaster relief State Plan Amendments (SPAs) and 1115 waivers
- Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act (EMTALA) and other Clinical Standards and Quality (CCSQ) waivers
- Medicare telehealth services
- Medicaid telehealth services
There will be ample time for Q&A after the presentations.
NIHB created one-pagers that explain the CMS authorities that will be discussed during Monday’s call. We have prepared materials on the 1135 waiver, Emergency 1115 waiver, Emergency State Plan Amendments, and Appendix K. While many of you are familiar with the 1115 waivers and SPAs, these authorities are slightly modified during times of emergency.
For example, states no longer have to go through a budget neutrality analysis when preparing an emergency 1115 waiver and are able to take advantage of expedited public notice provisions. A Section 1135 and Appendix K are both only available during times of emergency. We hope that these one-pagers are helpful to you and your understanding of these emergency powers. Please review NIHB’s materials before the call.