Date: Tuesday, January 12, 2021
Time: 6:00 – 7:30 pm Eastern Time
Please join the University of Maryland School of Public Health for this webinar that will build on concerns and questions experienced by health care providers, administrators, public health practitioners and community health workers as they listen to patients and community members. The focus will be on sharing some effective strategies to enhance the acceptance and uptake of the vaccine.
Panelists will include:
- Sandra C. Quinn, PhD, Professor and Chair, Department of Family Science and Senior Associate Director, Maryland Center for Health Equity, UMD SPH
- Meredith Li-Vollmer, PhD, Risk Communication Specialist, Public Health Seattle and King County
- Cynthia Baur, Endowed Professor and Director, Horowitz Center for Health Literacy, UMD SPH
- Joseph Wright, MD, MPH, Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer of Capital Region Health, University of Maryland Medical System
- Stephen B. Thomas, PhD, Professor and Director, Maryland Center for Health Equity, UMD SPH
- Moderated by: Omar Neal, President/CEO You Got The Power Enterprises, Inc. and former mayor of Tuskegee, Alabama
Please note: This event is not geared towards Tribes or tribal organizations – but rather to the population as a whole. To find Tribal-specific resources around the COVID-19 vaccine, please visit www.nihb.org/covid-19/vaccine-information-and-tribal-support/.