Date: Thursday, July 15, 2021
Time: 3:00 PM -4:00 PM Eastern Time
Please join the National Indian Health Board (NIHB), for an Infectious Disease Preparedness Learning Community (IDLC) webinar on how viruses, bacteria, and fungi can cause illnesses and spread diseases. Webinar attendees will gain knowledge on the following:
- Basic differences between bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites
- At least three host or microbial factors that can make it easier for a microorganism to cause disease in a person
- At least two ways that microorganisms can be spread, particularly in a clinical setting
- Difference between sporadic, outbreak, epidemic, and pandemic spread of disease
- At least three ways that the spread of microbial disease can be reduced or eliminated
Information provided can assist Tribes in educating their citizens on the basics of viruses, bacteria, fungi, and parasites and how it can spread and cause illnesses.
The learning community is focused on knowledge sharing and attendees are encouraged to share share information and build relationships with each other. Submit questions ahead of time so presenter(s) have time to review them. Please come prepared to ask questions or share your own insights and experiences.
For questions, please contact Courtney Wheeler at [email protected].