On September 20, 2021, the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) sent a Dear Tribal Leader Letter announcing Tribal Consultation on recommendations to facilitate Tribal access to medical countermeasures and supplies that may be needed in public health emergencies. As part of this consultation, they are seeking input on the following questions:
- What gaps or issues did your facility encounter when requesting federal assistance for medical supplies needed during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What recommendations do you have to improve and address the gaps or issues?
- What recommendations do you have to improve the request process for federal assistance to access supplies held in the Strategic National Stockpile and other federal and military stockpiles?
To share your recommendations verbally, you may join during one of the following virtual sessions:
- October 18, 2021 at 2:00 – 4:00 PM ET: Register Here
- October 20, 2021 at 2:00 – 4:00 PM ET: Register Here