NIH Seeking Tribal Consultation on Maternal Health Research
On Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. ET, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) will hold a virtual Tribal Consultation & Urban Confer focused on improving maternal health research to support Tribal communities. NIH is expanding an existing agency-wide program known as Implementing a Maternal health and Pregnancy Outcomes Vision for Everyone (IMPROVE), which focuses on reducing preventable causes of maternal deaths and improving health for women before, during, and after delivery. NIH is launching a new Maternal Health Research Centers of Excellence and will publish a new Funding Opportunity Announcement in the upcoming months. The attached Framing Letter provides additional information on the initiative.
Questions for the consultation include the following:
- How can the goals and objectives of the Centers of Excellence be inclusive of the needs of tribal communities?
- Are there research priorities or types/areas of research, e.g., culturally-based practices, that should be included to specifically address the needs of expectant mothers and their families in tribal communities?
- How can we better encourage and facilitate research partnerships with tribal communities on maternal health topics?
- What special considerations for tribes should be in place as we develop funding opportunities?
- How should the data hub for the Centers of Excellence be established to incorporate and sustain tribal sovereignty for data collected and stored?
Link to join the consultation over Zoom is included in the letter. Written comments can also be submitted to [email protected] until July 16, 2022.
IHS Letter Seeking Consultation on SDPI
HHS Letter to Tribal Leaders: HHS Strategic Plan FY – 2022-2026
- Protecting and Strengthening Equitable Access to High Quality and Affordable Healthcare.
- Safeguarding and Improving National and Global Health Conditions and Outcomes.
- Strengthening Social Well-Being, Equity, and Economic Resilience.
- Restoring Trust and Accelerating Advancements in Science and Research for All.
- Advancing Strategic Management to Build Trust, Transparency, and Accountability.
Dear Tribal Leader Letter from HHS Requesting Consultation on Addressing the Crisis of Missing and Murdered Indigenous People
FEMA Seeking Comment on How to Support Tribal Nations with Emergency Disasters
Dear Tribal Leader Letter on HHS Annual Tribal Budget Consultation
No Dear Tribal Leader Letters match that search query.
Please try again or delete the query to see a full list.